After all the excitement fo the last few days, its returned to normal or at least as normal as it ever gets in this lunatic asylum.
We had a staff meeting on Friday to discuss a few things and as always, nothing was really concrete. We will all at some point have a chat to discuss future opportunities - when we dont know, but it will be soon. Too be fair, the agency is in a bit of a pickle. They could still be trying to get schools to sign up for next year so at the moment they have nothing confirmed. Or they know exactly what they have - nothing and are too scared to tell everyone. Its probably somewhere in the middle.
But the search for jobs on http://www.ajarn.com/Jobs/index.php continues. I sent away a couple of applications today. But the trouble is not many places look for staff just now. Quite a few leave it until the last minute. The ones that do tend to be the better schools who want a US / UK teaching degree. Not just a TESOL which is a problem for me as I have a degree and TESOL not a teaching degree. However, I am just gong to send off applications anyway and the worst that can happen is the dont reply.
Anyway, again the topic of Visas came up - we will be given plenty of time to get a new job before the agency cancells the Visa and Work Permit of someone leaving next year. Hmm, little bit cynical about this one but will wait and see.